Situated in the heart of Mdina, one’s first encounter into the restaurant is a delightful dining area behind an iron ‘Portcullis’. Bacchus is housed in two separate chambers built by Grand Master Fra Martino De Redin in between 1657 and 1660, initially serving as gunpowder magazines for the main fortified bastion built by him to fortify the Old City of Mdina.
We have been preparing and serving quality food and experiences for over thirty five years. These aristocratic chambers have been transformed into the perfect environment for enjoying a first class meal and reception with warm service. Our extensive menu features authentic Mediterranean cuisine, together with signature dishes which have proved favourites amongst patrons since the restaurant’s conception.